AeroForce Interceptor OBD2 Multi-Gauge (Dual)
Provides real time data (via OBD2) by simply plugging the included 6’cable into the OBD2 port
- Simple menu driven operation
- For many applications there are numerous display options such as a 2 parameter scrolling graph, 4 parameter display, and 8 parameter screen as well as peak recall.
- Reads factory sensors* such as oil pressure, transmission temperature, air fuel ratio, knock retard, intake air temp, etc. Reads both enhanced and generic parameters.
- 2 inputs sensor inputs for additional monitoring
- Measures 0-60, 1/8, and 1/4 mile times.
- Records and plays back data logs
- Has bi-directional controls such as cooling fan on/off, intercooler pump on/off, PCM reset, DTC read and clear, tire size correction, gear ratio correction.
- High intensity warning lights can be programmed to light using a 1 or 2 parameter algorithm, P1, P1 OR P2, P1 AND P2.
- Optional relay output allows gauge to control other vehicle systems such as nitrous, fans, pumps, etc.
- Standard 2-1/16” (52mm)
- Display options such as the 2 parameter scrolling graph, 4 parameter bar graph.
- Peak recall also available on most applications.
- Additional sensors connect to 3 wire harness on rear of gauge.
*Not all functions are available on all vehicles, see user manual for specifics for your vehicle.
The Interceptor gauge is 52mm (2 1/16″) in diameter and will fit in all standard gauge pods of this size. A 5′ cable is included with appropriate OBD2 connector. A splitter cable is included with the dual Interceptor units. Gauges come with a black bezel with polished silver center ring with a black face as shown on right. An extra white face is also included and can easily be swapped since the bezel screws on/off. Optional black, polished silver, and brushed silver bezel along with various other face options can be purchased separately from the accessories page.
A function menu is available by pushing both buttons simultaneously. One menu option allows you to enter a record mode. Once selected, the Interceptor will return to normal scan mode, but will start recording the displayed data automatically when the throttle exceeds 60%. Approximately 60 seconds of data will be stored. Returning to the menu screen, you can choose to replay the stored data on the Interceptor display.
The gauge displays 2 parameters at a time, but can be programmed to cycle through up to 8 parameters during a user determined period of time. This way you can monitor several items without taking any other actions.
Has high intensity warning lights that can be set using a 1 or 2 parameter algorithm. P1, P1 or P2, P1 and P2. For example, trigger the lights when rpm exceeds 6000 rpm, or when trans temp exceeds 230 F and coolant exceeds 210 F, or when air fuel ratio is above 12.5 and throttle is above 75%. Due to the gauges extremely fast update rate, this light is very accurate and easy to set. Once you try it you’ll find you can’t live without it!
Another menu option offers the ability to swap the foreground and backround colors of the display (as pictured below). Using this feature, for example, the gauge with a black backround and blue characters (negative image) becomes a blue backround with black characters (positive image). Not only can this be visually appealing but beneficial in changing lighting conditions. Positive images are easier to read in bright sunlight, negative at night.
The Interceptor’s scan rate can also be adjusted through a menu function.
DTC’s (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) can be accessed and cleared via menu options.This essential feature will help the gauge to pay for itself the first time the check engine light comes on. Those that have modified their vehicle will find this very handy when a sensor, vacuum line, etc. has been inadvertently left disconnected, or something was just not put back together properly.
The two analog inputs can be configured through menu choices. A linear conversion can be entered so that an analog signal connected to the gauge can be read in appropriate units. These inputs are handy for pressure signals such as those from MAP and oil pressure sensors, analog outputs from Air/Fuel ratio kits, etc. These signal can then be read and recorded along side the other parameters obtained on the vehicle’s bus.
The gauge has bi-directional controls allowing for manual control of the low and high speed fans, CASE relearn and ECU reset on GM vehicles, and on most Chrysler vehicles the transmission controller can be reset and Electronic Stability Program can also be completely turned off to improve track performance.
New optional relay output module allows you to control a 12v relay based on values of OBD2 or analog input data.
Last but not least, the Interceptor will measure 0-60 times, as well as 1/8 and 1/4 mile time and speeds. This is accomplished through a simple menu selection. This function is not available on the ISO based (older imports) due to slower bus speeds.
Installation in most cases is accomplished by simply plugging the supplied connector into the OBD2 port below the steering wheel. Literally plug-and-play! Some vehicles such as those requiring the ISOi version (older imports) require switched 12v power. The rear connector of the gauge has a provision for this so installation is still a snap!
Dual Interceptor Option: Two Interceptors can be purchased with a special splitter cable that allows both gauges to operate simultaneously. The second gauge of a dual set in most cases is simply another single gauge programmed to working in tandem. The exception is the SR dual set in which case the second gauge will show a smaller subset of parameters that the main gauge. This is due to limitations of the Chrysler PCM. Check the list of parameters and features for more details. This second gauge also will not have a performance timer.
Aeroforce Technology warrants this product and its accessories against defects in material and workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase.
The Interceptor scan gauge is capable of displaying over 100 parameters, two at a time (8 using cyclic scan), at an adjustable rate of up to approximately 20 times per second. Not all are supported by every vehicle, so there is no guarantee that the Interceptor will display all of these on your particular car or truck. If the vehicle is broadcasting the parameter, the Interceptor will recognize this and make it available for display. A sample list is below…
- Intake Air Temperature (post Intercooler)
- Ambient Air Temperature (pre Intercooler)
- Engine Coolant Temperature
- Exhaust Gas Temperature (PCM Calculated)
- Transmission Temp. (auto trans)
- Manifold Pressure (vacuum/boost) displayed in PSI
- Fuel Temperature
- Battery Voltage
- Battery Temp
- Injector Pulse Width in msec.
- Injector Duty Cycle (%)
- Air Flow Rate into engine
- Long Term Fuel Trim
- Short Term Fuel Trim
- O2 Sensor Voltage
- Barometric Pressure
- Ignition Advance
- Base Spark
- PCM Spark Adjust
- Fuel Status (open/closed loop)
- Wastegate Solenoid Duty Cycle (%)
- Knock Retard
- Knock Sensor Raw Voltage
- Throttle Position Percentage
- Throttle Position Sensor Raw Volts
- Calculated Net Horsepower
- Engine Load
- Transmission Slip
- Current Transmission Gear
- Torque Delivered to Transmission
- Torque Converter lockup status
- Brake pressure
- Brake Booster Travel
- Steering Angle
- Non-driven Wheel Speed
- Lateral G’s
- Fuel economy (instantaneous and average)
- P-ratio – pressure ratio MAP/Barometer
- 2 user configurable analog inputs**
** 0-5v inputs can be configured to read the outputs from MAP sensors, Air/Fuel ratio kits, pressure or temperature sensors, etc. Raw voltage can be displayed or a conversion can be entered to read proper units.
Users will find that ability to log RPM vs other parameters at high speed such as ignition advance, boost, or knock retard invaluable with regards to tuning.
FLAT RATE shipping on all orders under $500. FREE shipping on all orders over $500.