Durability at high RPM can be compromised by an inferior flexplate. In order to prevent this common failure in performance applications utilizing GM 6L80 transmissions, such as 2010-Current Chevrolet Camaros and Pontiac G8s, TCI® developed a precision-ground, high-tensile strength, steel flexplate. Each flexplate is 33% thicker than stock, helping to prevent elongation and cracking. The flexplate is dynamically balanced to eliminate potentially damaging vibrations, electro-coated to protect against damaging elements and uses low-profile bolts to provide proper clearance. All of this provides unmatched strength and reliability in order to avoid cracking and ring gear breakage, both common failure points of lesser quality flexplates under the strains of high-RPM usage. The flexplates feature a dual-bolt pattern of 10.750” and 11.063.” The TCI Flexplate For GM6L80E Transmissions is SFI 29.1 approved and designed to be used in conjunction with the new TCI Bolt-Together Torque Converter For GM6L80E Transmissions.
- 33% Thicker than stock to prevent the possibilities of both elongation & cracking
- Dynamically balanced & electro-coated to eliminate potentially damaging vibrations & elements
- Low-profile bolts provide proper clearance
- Internal balanced 168 Tooth Flexplate with dual bolt patterns (10.750″ & 11.063″)
- Designed for moderate to serious performance; SFI 29.1 approved for safe use in racing applications
- Applications include 2010-Current Camaros & Pontiac G8s featuring the GM 6L80E transmission